Saturday, February 19

Time to workout!!!

About a year and a half ago I ran a half marathon and was in the best shape of my life.  I had muscle definition in my legs, a fairly flat stomach, and my clothes fit very well!  But I wasn't happy with myself or my life.  God knew what he was doing all along and I met Mr. KU and my life changed!!!!  I'm not the type of person to say that I needed a guy to make me happy, but I was lonely, I wanted someone to spend my life with.  And because I was given this amazing surprise and gift, I stopped working out, which was a way for me to fill the void of being alone. 

Now, I'm extremely happy, I feel confident, I'm in love with the man of my dreams, I have a great job, but I don't eat the healthiest and I don't work out as much as I should...you could say I've gained about 20 pounds in the past year and half.  

So...it starts and it starts tomorrow!!!!  (Its Saturday afternoon at 4pm, I'm being totally lazy and slightly hungover for the rest of today and am going to eat Dairy Queen ice cream tonight before I start this transition)  

I am challenging myself to workout 4 times a week and to make the time to do it, even if that means I need to go on a 20 minute walk with Ellie at 6am before getting ready for work.  I have to do something.  I'm kinda fed up with the way I feel and look and I need to do something about it!!  

So part of my blogging is going to be about trying new recipes, the different workouts I am going to try and it's going to help me be accountable for this positive change.  If you have any healthy recipes, please send them my way, I really will eat and try anything.

PS - I'm also thinking about a new haircut or color (nothing drastic) but if you have any ideas let me know.  I just need a little update!

No comments: