Thursday, January 6

Do I lead a boring life?

My answer would be yes.  And I can say that pretty confidently.  Yes, I have a lot of weddings to go to, friends to see on the weekends because of showers, bachelorette parties, birthdays, etc.  And by no means is this post about me putting those events down or making them seem unimportant, because they are.  I value my friends and I value their special events going on in their lives and I feel very blessed to be a part of them, but at the same time I'm tired of doing something for everyone else in my life.  I want to be involved, do something for me, for the community, something that I can value about myself.  My friend Miss Atlanta teaches Yoga, is involved in the community, leadership councils, honestly her list goes on; another friend of mine is involved in JR League, another friend went back to school to be a teacher and follow her dream and it is inspiring me!!

Another reason that I'm having this revelation is because I've caught up with a few friends lately and the common question is "What else do you have going on?"  And to be perfectly honest, I dont' have anything going on besides work, working out (sometimes) and hanging out, veggin' out at home. 

BORING!!!!!!!!!! 

So, I'm looking into a couple options and I will keep you posted on what I decide to do, but I've been thinking about this for a while now and I feel like I finally got a good swift kick in the a$$.

I either want to look into being an advisor  at the local college for my college sorority - Alpha Delta Pi.  I just don't know how much time this will actually require and I don't have all the time in the world to devote. 

I also received an email today from the Susan G Komen Foundation in KC and they are having an Open House for people that are interested in volunteering and helping with the race in KC.  This is something that is very dear to my heart because my mom and aunt are both survivors of breast cancer and this would be my way of giving back to them, and giving back to the community.

So I'll keep you all posted.  But I'm tired of saying I'm going to do something, saying I'm wanting to get involved in something and then never doing anything about it.  So, it has been posted -- its up to you my friends (and not to sound corny) to hold me accountable.

No comments: