Saturday, October 2

My First Blog Entry...

Alright - so this is my first blog entry.  I thought I would tell you a little bit about myself and why I decided to start a blog.  Not sure if you will like hearing what I have to say, but thought I would give this whole blog thing a try.

I'm technically from New Jersey, even though I only lived there when I was in grade school.  But my entire extended family still lives back East.  I'm very proud of where I came from, which also makes me a HUGE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES FAN!!!  I am going back to Philly in a few weeks so don't worry, there will be an entry about my trip.  But I do miss my family very much.  I wish I could visit my grandparents more often.  I was very close to them when I was younger; they partially raised me and I miss the closeness we had.

I also attended K-State for college and received my Business Degree in Marketing & Management.  That lead me to work at Target Distribution Center in which I lead a night shift -- people were great, the job was ok, but the hours were terrible.  I worked weekend nights  while all of my friends worked normal 8-5 jobs.  Needless to say I did not last long - only 11 months and that brought me to my current job which I enjoy most days.  I'm sure there will be many blog entries about all the craziness and annoyances of my job, but all in all I'm happy with what I'm doing.  I work at a major shoe retailer in the casual and boots department and am enjoying the pressures working in the high profile departments.

So that's the boring stuff...now onto the fun stuff...I LOVE my family.  I have a sister who is 21 months younger than me and we are very close.  We actually lived together for the past year and I loved every minute of it (except when her dog yipped  or barked at every ant that walked by the door).  My mom and dad also live relatively close to me which is nice as well.  I am able to spend time with them whenever I'm not busy which is nice and convenient.  Most of my friends live close as well except for my best friend (we'll call her Miss Atlanta).  I'm hoping one day she'll realize she should move back home.  I'm also very blessed to have met the love of my life (through work actually), but I wouldn't have asked for it any other way.  He's amazing and smart and makes me belly laugh all the time!!!!!!!!  I love laughing!!!!   We are a very good balance for each other and I can't wait to see what exciting things happen in the next few years.

Now...on to why I am starting this blog???  Well, I'm intrigued by them.  I enjoy learning from and about other people.  I enjoy following friends and keeping up to date on their lives.  Plus, I love to talk and am pretty opinionated....so I thought why not share my life, make someone laugh and make people aware.  And so it begins, I've officially started!  Hope you enjoy reading and please let me know your thoughts/opinions about my blog. If you don't like something; tell me.  I won't keep my mouth shut so I don't expect other people to either!

No comments: