Thursday, December 16

Bells will be ringing....

WE are one week away from my favorite night of the entire year!  Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love the sound of the piano at church playing my favorite Christmas songs, all the candles lit as the congregation sings Silent Night and walking out of church and going home to read "A Night Before Christmas".  (And Yes, my 25 year old sister and I still trade off reading pages of the book every single year.) 

This year will be a little different; I may have to "read" the book over the phone instead.  MR. KU and I will be spending Christmas Eve at his family's house and then driving up to spend Christmas Day with my family.  It will be a little different, I'm actually kinda sad but really excited on the other hand.  It is all about starting new traditions and being able to experience his family's traditions.  If you can't tell by now, I have strong feelings about traditions and being true to what you believe.  Below are some of my favorite family traditions:
1.) Opening all presents on Christmas Day, none of Christmas Eve
2.) Reading a Night Before Christmas every year (and no, we do not put cookies out for Santa)
3.) Sleeping in the same room as my sister on Christmas Eve, we always have a "sleep over".  We used to sleep in sleeping bags in one of our rooms, we have now moved to our beds
4.) Lighting the candles in church as everyone sings Silent Night
5.) Coming out of late night service and it is past midnight so its Christmas Day!
6.) Putting the "ugly Santa" on the Christmas Tree -- it is the ugliest ornament, but it cracks us up and we love it.
7.) Watching Christmas movies in our PJ's
8.) Breakfast casserole on Christmas morning
9.) Snow on Christmas (this one is a little hard to have happen every year)
10.) My new tradition - of spending Christmas with Mr. KU!!!



What are some of your family traditions??

No comments: